Today we (and the doctors) decided that it's better to help Kalle by placing a nasal feeding tube. He couldn't drink his bottle anymore without choking and coughing all the time. It was just too much for him.
The viral infection causes a lot of phlegm. Choking does, too. So there is too much phlegm all the time. Because Kalle doesn't move as much as other 1 year olds, the phlegm stays in his respiratory system, instead of slowly moving to the 'exit'. So even though he is able to cough strongly, it's not enough. At least now.
It was a huge step, but we should give it a chance. Let's hope he has a good night and already feels better in the morning.